- This event has passed.
Grey Bruce Earth Day Parade
April 22 @ 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
Earth Day Grey Bruce 2023 Planning Committee invites everyone, of all ages and identities, as well as organizations and community groups from across our region to join us. We acknowledge that we live in the traditional territory of the Saugeen Ojibway Nation and welcome the participation of Indigenous people and groups in the event.
There will be booths offering information and resources on greener living, gardening, regenerative farming, mental health, accessing nature, alternative transportation, importance of trees, and initiatives for climate action. There will be a Childrens’ Area with activities offered by local groups. We will be promoting actionable solutions towards protecting our planet for generations to come.
What, When & Where:
- 11:00 am to 2:00 pm:
- Youth Climate Action Projects 2023 on display at Owen Sound & North Grey Union Public Library in downstairs auditorium.
- Tom Thomson Art Gallery: Earth Day exhibits and Grab & Go booklets.
- 12:45 pm: Opening Water Ceremony in Queen’s Park, 1st Ave. W across the river from the Farmers’ Market with Shirley John, Strong White Buffalo Woman from Saugeen First Nation and the M’Wikwedong Hand Drumming Group.
- 2:00 pm: Climate Fair and Children’s Area opens at the Owen Sound Farmers’ Market, 88 8th Street East.
- 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm: Live music, dance, and theatrical performances.
- 4:00 pm:
- ‘Procession of the Species’ Parade that everyone can join featuring puppets, masks, and costumes reflecting the theme of endangered wildlife.
- Sheatre Act for Climate theatrical performance on parade route.
- 5:00 pm: Close
How you can help:
- Donate: All donations to help support the event are eligible for tax receipts. Donate Now
- Volunteer: We need helpers at the March Break Art-making Workshops and for the big day: at our events and in the Parade! Sign up here.
How to get there:
We encourage Owen Sound residents who live near enough to use earth-friendly means of transportation to get to the Library, Gallery and Farmer’s Market. For those travelling from further away, here is the link to the Downtown Parking Map.